WHAT IS CFTSS?
Children and Family Treatment and Support Services are supplemental services that can help clients work towards specific goals in ways they may not be able to in therapy. CFTSS focuses on assisting children and teens to use their own strengths to develop healthy coping skills to manage difficulties such as life transitions, stress management, and environmental-related anxieties. This can assist therapists by having a team effort focused on goals and objectives in the treatment plan that clients may be struggling to meet. CFTSS can also provide services in non-traditional settings to meet the client where they are at. Sessions can be conducted in the community, at home, or in school. In order to qualify, participants must be under the age of 21 and have Medicaid insurance. CFTSS is a support service that does not replace any current mental health services the client may be receiving.
TYPES OF SERVICES
Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR) – Services that restore, rehabilitate, and support a child’s/youth’s developmentally appropriate functioning as necessary for the integration of the child/youth as an active and productive member of their family and community with the goal of achieving minimal on-going professional intervention.
Community Psychiatric Support and Treatment (CPST) – Services that assist the child/youth and family/caregivers to achieve stability and functional improvement in daily living, personal recovery, and/or resilience, family and interpersonal relationships in school and community integration.
Other Licensed Professional (OLP) – Services that provide treatment for children/youth with an existing diagnosis for whom flexible community-based treatment is needed because they cannot participate in traditional therapy settings.
EXAMPLES OF CFTSS TREATMENT GOALS
- Establishing additional coping mechanisms
- Increasing age-appropriate socialization Improving self-esteem
- Reframing negative self-talk
- Improving communication skills
- Addressing strained family relationships
- Creating and maintaining healthy habits
- Establishing a self-care routine
- Re-integration into the community
- Development and/or Increase of Resilience
- Adopting and improving current coping mechanisms
- Establishing and maintaining healthy boundaries
- Improving conflict resolution skills
Contact us at 718-476-0074